How am I doing biocube 29

Robtv

Reefing newb
Snails, peppermint shrimp, star fish , hermit crabs ,and frogspawn is the occupants as of right now it has been about a 20 days from my start with my establish tank all my numbers look good do you guys see anything going wrong other than the algae I'm working on getting rid of it no one has died in my tank yet peppermint have nice color they look pretty bad when I brought them from the store. What should I be buying as far as additives to improve my tank any suggestion

f71bf673.jpg

With such a small bio-load, everything you need should be taken care of with water changes. Don't dose anything you aren't testing for. You could do more harm than good.

Follow a schedule. What ever you do one week as far as water changes do the next and so on. I also add Reef Master all in one buffer like once a week. I have learned a lot from here and local fish stores. One LFS owner has a 1200 gal tank in his home. He doesn't do anything more than water changes on a weekly schedule and add buffer.

Biocube 29g really about maybe 24 Should I be doing water changes once a week and how many gallons should I be changing

I was told usually 10-15%. I would imagine it could be the same for your tank. Maybe other will chime in with better answer?

I do 5 gallons every other Friday. I would just get some astrea snails along with a nice Mexican turbo or two and let em go to work that algae will be gone quick and look awesome. Did you remove your bioballs yet? And how long is your photoperiod? And what kind of water are you using? And you shouldn't need to dose anything

Yesterday I cleaned some of the algea off the back wall with a brush and a rock I notice today there's alot of air bubbles in the tank attached to wall and rock what does that mean something just curious going to do a 5 gallon change tomorrow

Did you see the picture I have algae all over the back wall can I upload a video on hear just don't want things to get out of hand I have been using algaefix to control it a little doing some water testing right now peppermint shrimp look good everyone is eating the frogspawn I purchased is open up nicely hopefully other then the algae are good signs

I keep my lights off today trying to get rid of the algae got home from work and the frogspawn looked sad will I Hurt anything if I go a day or two with out lights also if you look at my photo my frogspawn is at a slant is that okay or should I straighten up

+1 nano reefer.

Your gunna get algea break outs no matter what, especially in a new nano. just gotta take care of them with the appropriate actions, get like 2 turbos and all of that will be gone in 2-3 days no problem.

2 Mexican Turbo snails been in the tank about 1 hr WOW they really work eating lots of algae anything special I have to do at the rate they are going I believe they would be done by the morning let's hope I paid 3.99 each their about a quarter size is that cheap if they run out of algae what should I do I read some where if they die it gets messy .

Quick ? I have the biocube 29 that has a white light / actinic light my son just told me after introducing my first fish (2 green chromis ) That the actinic light is for the night is he right, I turn them both on in the morning and turn both off at night the only on light at night are the Blue LED's

No the actinics are more like dawn and dusk. Run the actinics about 12 hours and 10,000k lights 12 hours. I.e. actinics 10am to 10 pm and 12 am to 8 pm. Leds are the moonligjts

kully3xf thanks
for the info those turbo snail did a number on my algae cleaned the back wall nicely and I pull off some with a brush tank looks good did you remove your bioballs how about the blue sponge in the pump chamber

Back