How am I doing biocube 29

You don't need to constantly test your water for copper, that's only if something makes it in there that you're not sure of. But for fish and soft corals all you need to test for are ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pH.

Purchased a few pieces of soft coral few days ago for got the name of this small branch like coral can some one identify it

ae890b3a.jpg

that is a finger gorg, and that is not a good beginner coral. They arent photosynthetic and they dont do well in the majority of tanks. To keep it alive you are going to have feed it at night (thats when its polyps come out) several times a week with filter feeder food like marine snow.

Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Yellow Finger Gorgonian

You really should research stuff before you buy it to prevent these mistakes.

Okay thanks for the info the goofy guy at the shop said that was a easy coral to take care of with his 20years of experience I thought it would be good advice, I been trying to keep a few hermits from climbing it I thought that the leaves would hide because the hermits was bothering it soo nice I will baby it I will feed it some snow thanks again little fish what will I do with out you guys :-)

I would never take advice from someone who works at a lfs store. You have no way of validating if they actually been doing this for 20 years or if they are just exaggerating. Plus they make money from selling you things, and if it dies and you go back an buy more, its a win for them. Plus by that guy saying that was an easy beginner corals indicates he doesnt know what hes talking about.

True but I was ready to spend A couple hundred and left with 70 dollars worth of a few mushrooms , gorgonian , a small mix colony of polyps , a small frag of pulsing xinea lesson learned .

Just purchased my 3rd fish today a ocellaris clownfish he is now swimming erratic
From left to right conner to corner tried to feed him did not eat just wondering What is going on acclimated him for about 1hr could it be stress or something more serious also noticed that his front bottom mouth section is losing some color he's been in my tank about 4 hours. Temp 79 salinity 1.023 , nitrate .10 ammonia 0 I just turned off the lights just the moon lights on and cover the tank because it's in my living room and tv is on. Took a peek and he seems to have calmed down and looks like he is swimming normal. Should I be doing something else

Hello guys been a few months and enjoying the hobby lots ok great info want to thank every one for the input and comments i order Chaetomorpha Algae - Aquacultured 1/4 lb I plan on putting it in the middle chamber on my bio cube how much of it should I use

Will do that I order a single LED to submerge in the chamber but don't think it will be enough lighting I have clear window opening in the rear of the chamber I will go to home depot and find something that will work. Chaeto will be here middle of the week so have some time to think about it.

In my biocube 29 i run a media basket with filter floss, purigen, and chemi-pure elite

I would recommend getting the media basket... here is the site BioCube 29 - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies)

I also keep the bioballs in the second chamber... people say they cause nitrate spikes but i clean them weekly... i don't know if they do anything but it couldn't hurt

The stock pump for the biocube is kind of weak... I upgraded to a maxijet 1200 and got a hydro korila 750. It is good enough flow for now but i will upgrade when i can.

My lights run on a time... I run my lights typically 8:00 am to 8:00 pm

I didn't feel like spending money on a fuge light so i put my chaeto back behind my live rock and it hasn't bothered me yet. Whenever it gets out of hand I just throw some out.

As for me I don't feel like you need to dose for a smaller tank. I do weekly water changes (5 gallons every Saturday).

Just received my bag of cheato I am seeing some bugs should I clean the bugs out I have
Some ro/di and some saltwater

Hello guys will this like be enough light for the cheato I'm thinking of putting it in front of the rear clear window

Specifications:
Light Housing DIMS: 3.25” x 0.75”x 5”
Inside Magnet DIMS: 3.25” x 0.75”x1.75”
Output: 70 Lumens per LED
Kelvin: 6500K Daylight
Power: 4 x 1 Watt LEDs
cc30b8c3.jpg

Back