How big of a tank?

i agree with everyone else with the 8 foot tank.
i would say a 275 to a 300 would do you good. but if it was me i would have a 10'x36''tallx36''deep. that is my dream tank.

Pretty much everyone here is right, you should go with the 8 foot, but to me it sounds like you already got the 6 foot so nothing you can do now, just try what i said and do your rocks in the center and it should give you more swimming room being as your tank is wider it should still look sick.

Pretty much everyone here is right, you should go with the 8 foot, but to me it sounds like you already got the 6 foot so nothing you can do now, just try what i said and do your rocks in the center and it should give you more swimming room being as your tank is wider it should still look sick.

A six foot tank is a six foot tank no matter how you stack your rocks. Just because your fish can swim around the structure doesn't make it better.

A six foot tank is a six foot tank no matter how you stack your rocks. Just because your fish can swim around the structure doesn't make it better.

Would still be better than if he staked all the rock on the back glass, atleast there swimming room will look difrent from front to back. Than if they just had the front to swim in that all looks the same to them.

It still doesn't make it a "twelve feet of swimming room".

Like i said it would be best like everyone was saying to go with 8 feet, but since it seems like he has the tank already IMOP it would be best for him to do it in the center that way it will be a 12 feet radius, atleast in the fishes eyes.

Like i said it would be best like everyone was saying to go with 8 feet, but since it seems like he has the tank already IMOP it would be best for him to do it in the center that way it will be a 12 feet radius, atleast in the fishes eyes.

I'm through arguing with you. I stand by my point.

I would have loved to go with the 8ft 300g.. but due to my budget i was unable to do so.. So i opted for the standard 6ft 300g (still a great tank IMO).. the difference in price was roughly about $1,200.00 which i will be using for lighting, protein skimmer etc. i shall make it work! :D

They make standard 7ft tanks, which would be better than a 6ft tank. I think you'll need to take the achilles and hippo off your list if you only have a 6ft tank. Sailfin might still be okay

I think the sailfin and hippo would be fine in it. Don't yell at me... But I had a sailfin in my 240, and when I downsized from that tank to my 90, I still kept the sailfin. Of course I was aware I wouldn't be able to keep the fish long-term in the 90, but it was still small and did fine in the 90. A 6-foot 300 gallon tank is going to have enough swimming room lengthwise and widthwise for those fish.

<Preparing to incur the wrath of the Tang Police> :mrgreen:

<Preparing to incur the wrath of the Tang Police> :mrgreen:

- Haha well said biff.

would the achilles tang be okay? or would that be the one to take off? If all of you dont mind.. what would your stocking list be for a 6 ft 300 gallon reef?

The achillies is going to be difficult no matter what tank it's in, I think your ability to deal with a difficult fish will more determine if this fish will make it more than if it's in an 8 or 6 ft tank

Back