how do I glue/place a green star polyp cover on a LR?

ironnie7i

Reefing newb
I have a big piece of LR covered with clovers of the green star polyps. How would I separate one and put it on a LR on the other side of the tank?

my gsp is on its own rock in the middle of the sand

IMAG0034.jpg

but if its a big rock...i dunno haha

ohhh i misunderstood you...hmm...seperating gsp from a rock...well im not sure how that is done.

if i wanted a frag of it i would lay a rock next to mine and it would grow onto that rock, they i would just snip that rock loose of the main patch

The GSP forms a purple mat on the rock. You can take an exacto knife or blade and cut off a chunk of the purple mat. Then use superglue gel to stick it where you want it.

pretty darn fast!

it took about 2 months to cover that rock you see in my tank from a 2 inch by 2 inch square. haha. the rock is about 5 inches by 4 inches

lol yup. Ron did set up my tank. Its been about 3 weeks now since the set up. Do you buy from him if you dont mind me asking?

nice, yea he's pretty good about SW. I new to the SW side as well. I have a 55 gallon that im building up and I plan on getting a nano cube as well for my daughters room

nice, yea he's pretty good about SW. I new to the SW side as well. I have a 55 gallon that im building up and I plan on getting a nano cube as well for my daughters room

Look into the smaller sized Red Sea Max. I have had one for a few years and really like it. I also have a Nano 12 gallon.

Back