How do I go about feeding a bubble-tip anemone?

You can feed it small chunks of meaty foods, like chopped up silversides, scallops, krill, etc. You should get a pair of wooden or plastic feeding tongs. Take a piece of food with the tongs and place it on the anemone's tentacles. It should move the food towards its mouth. Don't try to force feed it or stuff food in its mouth.

What kind of lights are you running? Are your parameters good? Anemones are hard to keep alive and require very high lighting and pristine water conditions. Good luck!

do you have a clown that host it? if so he will feed the anemone a lot. before mine got sucked up in a powerhead i used to feed it raw, unseasoned and uncooked table srimp. a bag cost me 3 bucks at the supermarket, and it will last a long time.

welcome to the site. hope the information received helps. If you can get it try some small chunks of ocean prawns. soak in selcon or Zoecon to enhance the nutrition. soak in water from your tank. Size of food is important also. very important do not over feed. an anemone will sometimes take all that is offered just to spit it back out later when you are not there. take it slow and provide good lighting and feed no more than 3 times a week.

Back