How do mushrooms propagate?

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I had my 2 mushrooms as hitchhikers when I first brought my rock back from the lfs. That was a few months ago. Since then,5-10 new smaller mushrooms have popped up all over the rock. Did the existing mushrooms propagate themselves, or were they there as small things when I first got the rock and just now noticed them?

If I never frag the largest one (it's the size of my palm now), it should be fine, right? Or do I need to start fragging it?

Mushrooms will split sometimes.I've also heard that if they move,they'll do like xenia,and new shrooms will pop up where ever the foot touched the rock.

They definitely propagated. I had one mushroom that increased to these.

012_499600.jpg

Sweet, Mel :) I started with just 2. It's funny because I kept turning the rock when I saw my large shroom lookin' distressed, so I'd adjust the rock to get it away from the powerful flow from the powerhead....and my daughter and husband will run up and say "The mushroom moved!" LOL I don't think mine have moved yet, but who knows. Maybe they have inched around and left their li'l spaws behind.

Mine do that all the time. I've got so many green fuzzy mushrooms and green striped mushrooms that I've started cutting them out with an Exacto blade and flushing them down the American Standard whirlpool.

When I started with my first mushroom rock, one got knocked off and went through a power head. I had red shrooms everywhere in a few weeks

Mine do that all the time. I've got so many green fuzzy mushrooms and green striped mushrooms that I've started cutting them out with an Exacto blade and flushing them down the American Standard whirlpool.

Don't know if it's worth it, but if I shot you some shipping :twocents:...you mind sending one my way before you tossed down the crapper? I don't have any coral what-so-ever and would like to get something something cheap to start/play with.

...sorry to steal the thread, but I saw an opportunity :mrgreen:

...sorry to steal the thread, but I saw an opportunity :mrgreen:

I was actually thinking the same! LOL My lfs is good about buying stock. Sold them my excess chaeto from my fuge. got a cool $5 in store credit! :bounce:

Try seeing if your lfs buys shrooms.

Wait a minute....How did no one make this joke:

Thread: How do mushrooms propagate?

Response: Well a daddy mushroom and a mommy mushroom....:shock:

I know we're here to educate and share experiences, but what's the news without a bloody car chase every once in a while...LACKING IN HUMOR!!!

...and what's life without laughter? :mrgreen:

"there is no try...there is only do"

And with that geeky Star Wars quote...I'm going to sleep, or sleep I go now, or something, or other...whatever...BED! :shock:

OK, but sometimes, there is no daddy mushroom, and just a testtube.

Better, Kid? :)

...and sometimes a baby mushroom has two daddies or two mommies, or for our mormon friends, 1 daddy and 7 mommies :mrgreen:

I like the progress I'm seeing, Wonton gets a gold star/dancing banana for today :bounce:

hehe yea, if your just gonna trash em anyway, what would it cost to ship some to 78155?

USPS flat rate boxes...."If it fits, it ships" {cough} that's what she said :shock:

I believe it's mushroom-A-Trois....but, dancing banana for motorcycle too :bounce:
....I was always a sucker for a black belt with a fish tank on the back of his motorcycle

Back