How do you dip corals?

Choose your dip of choice (there are several coral dips available). Get yourself a 1 quart bucket. On the coral dip you'll have the mixing instructions that tell you how to mix up the solution.

For example, my dip (Two Little Fishies) says to mix one capful of solution with one gallon of water. Mix said solution in the bucket. Remove your coral from the transport bag and place it in the bucket. Follow the instructions on the coral dip to determine how long the coral should be left in solution.

Once the time has passed, take the dipped coral out and place it in your tank. I usually rinse it off in a small container of tank water to keep as much of the solution as possible out of my tank.

If you have multiple corals to dip, once again check the directions on the bottle to see if one mix can be used multiple times- some of them can and some of them cannot

You buy it and follow the instructions. Usually a capful or so and a quart of tank water. Dip it. Some are a few seconds, some for 15 minutes.

Back