how do you feed??

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Recently ive been getting a ton of cyano in my tank so ive been feeding less and i did like a 25-30% water change.

My question is, how and how much do you feed?? I usually feed about 1/4 cube every other day. Right now I have 1 Clown, 1 Bengai Cardinal, 1 Flameback Dwarf angel, 1 Scopas Tang and a Diamond Goby. Should i feed more than 1/4??I also feed the tang algae sheets everyday but he still eats frozen food when I feed that.

Also, my diamond goby never gets food, he sometimes swims up to graba piece of stuff floating by, but 9 out of 10 times he doesnt eat anything. Is this because not enough food gets to the bottom? Is this normal or should i feed more so it gets to the bottom?

Thanks

I have fed my tank every other day for 11 yrs now and on the off days I put a sheet of seaweed in there for the tangs to feed off of. Never had any algea problems but is it because of that or the weekly PWC`s or the UV or skimmer. All of them play a part but every other day feedings help to control excessive nutrients.

Its been nearly a month since I put any frozen fish food in my tank.
But all my fish are fat and healthy.An atlantic ble tang,a kole tang,a red fairy wrasse,dragon sleeper goby,and mandrine.The tangs are always feeding on the little patches of turf algae,the wrasse and mandrine hunt the bugs,and goby gets his out of the sand.
BUT,that method WILL NOT work for most tanks.
Feed just enough to keep your fish fat and happy.Any more just causes water quality issues.
To help with the cyano,mix up enough new water to do a decent sized water change.Then siphon as much of the cyano as possible and cut the lights off for 3 or 4 days.The day you turn the lights back on,siphon out any cyano that you see and do another decent sized water change.

i feed one frozen cube over the course of a couple hours every 3rd or 4th day. My tang likes it, and inbetween the feedings he picks at some calupra i have in there.. he seems to really like it.

i also hand feed my snowflake eel at the same time interval, and normally 3-5 1 centimeter square chunks of whatever fish i cought at the coast last. (hand feeding is really putting the food on a plastic fork thats rubber banded to the handle of my old scraper cause i'm too cheap to spend actual cash for a feeding stick)

Not too old, like 6 months or so... i will keep the lights off and do another water change. Whats a good amount of water to change if youre trying to get rid of algae? 20%? 40%?

the weird thing is that its growing in an area of kind of a lot of flow... ill take a pic, but my xenia is right next to it and its there so it "flutter" in the current, and also, it just startd growing a little while ago, before that it was fine (for like 2 months) and i didnt add or remove anything

I usually feed everyday some. But I know I over feed. I can't stop. Seriously. I think to myself I'll skip today and then they look hungry so I feed them. Sometimes I'll feed them twice in one day. I know, I know.

Back