How do you make an eel come out more?

kmart189

Reefing newb
I have a zebra eel and a snowflake eel that never come out they used to come out at least once and awhile, but now its hard to get them out even w/ food. One big problem is I think my zebra eel is very shy around fish since I had a dogface puffer in the tank that I got rid of since it chewed up his tail. Now I never see either of them out. Any tricks? I have been trying to get them further and further out with food, but not much progress at all.

One thing I've noticed about eels at the store,is that the older they are,the more they hide.
Sorry,I dont have any idea on how to get em to come out more.

:so I look at the reef fishes and what do I see?.....

eel.png

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Well I'm I'm thinking bout getting rid of them neither come put I never see them why not sell and replace w fish I like them but f I never see them what's the point

eels are nocturnal critters and as they get bigger they spend more and more time in their caves... a puffer is a pretty nasty fish to have with eels since puffers seem to eat and nibble on anything they can get ahold of.

what are you feeding your eels? i see Kona everyday :) hes about 15 inches currently, if you dont want em send em my way! LOL. i'm shopping for a zebra :)

Back