How do you want your Live Rock?

rwynn

Big Daddy
I am trying to gather some information for a project I am about to start. I would like to know from each of you, when you purchase Live Rock would you prefer to know the rock is

(A) Devoid of any hitchhikers(good or bad) and only have the bacteria needed to make it live.

(B) Posses hitchhikers but only the good cleaners and food(pods, bristleworms)

(C) ALL hitchhikers

(D) A smattering of snails, crabs, pods, coral, feather dusters etc.(Good)

(E) Some other combination(please note what you would want in addition to the rock itself)

Thanks for your time!

I want D as well however I would need little elves to come with it to catch anything bad that might come in on it and do tank maint.

Rarely do you get the choice! Aquacultured FL LR, you may get anything, mostly good :bounce:, some potentially bad :grumble:. Luck of the draw! Then you deal with what survives shipment! :frustrat: But, in a perfect world, D, of course!

When it comes to live rock.I think part of the fun is not knowing whats inside.Its kinda like slowly opening a Christmas present.
Plus to keep exciting,you need to get some bad critters sometimes.That way you really appreciate the good stuff more.:D

can I pick none of the above?

I have most definitly not succeded but I would prefer a reef aquarium be as natural as possible. One day maybe just maybe we can perfectly emulate a reef environment.

Back