How does in tank sump work? PLEASE HELP ASAP

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Just purchased a DAS 160 gallon tank that has a built in sump in the aquarium. Instead of the tank being drilled, the filtration works within the overflow area. I just purchased this tank and have no ideal how to plumb it or how it works. Can someone explain to me how this unit works? Also the 2 pumps in the bottom picture came with the tank, where do you think they were placed, what chamber in the sump would these go, also looks like it has a built in skimmer, can you tell me how this will work? Does it need a pump or something? I am totally lost on this one. PLEASE HELP me guys I know you all are super smart and are gods when it comes to this salt hobby. Thanks for your time.

1t8yly.jpg

11az9kw.jpg

112bry8.jpg

2z3x43t.jpg

Im not very knowledgeable in this stuff either, but i would have to say the pumps are return pumps...based on the nozzles.

Is there any way we can get some pics of the full tank? That might give me more of an Idea.

Im not very knowledgeable in this stuff either, but i would have to say the pumps are return pumps...based on the nozzles.

Is there any way we can get some pics of the full tank? That might give me more of an Idea.

Right now the tank glass is full of cerium oxide so you cant see through enough to get a picture. Soon as I get these scratches buffed out I will get pics.

Back