How does this set up sound for my sump/fuge?

Pheeshes

Reefing newb
Ok, i got my equipment from foster & smith and the next project is a sump. the plan right now is a 600 GPH over flow down the the sump. the first chamber will have the feed line from the over flow and the pump and return from my skimmer. i have the CSS 125 and my plan is to have it behind the tank and elevated a little, can i just get a longer hose that goes from the pump to the skimmer and run that into the back of the stand? there isn't room for the whole skimmer under the tank. then it will go through the bubble trap to the fuge then over one more wall to the return pump (mag 5?). i'm trying to get all of this into a 20 gallon long tank if i can ever find one. does this sound good to everyone?

what kind of overflow box (flow rate) should i look for and do they have a way to tune the amount of flow coming out of the box or is it just bottle neck it down to the flow you want with tubing size or a valve?

also, adding lentgh to the tube between the pump and skimmer won't hurt anything as long as it's at the correct water hight in the sump right?

Most overflow boxes will only let the what water the return pumps flow back into the sump.As long as it dont lose siphon you'll be alright there.Just get one thats rated for 600gph.If you have slightly less flow,that aint gonna hurt a thing.

As for your skimmer,I dont think that adding a longer tube will effect your skimmer.It might slow the flow rate of it down a little bit,but I doubt it'd be enough to hurt anything.

Back