how long between water changes

fjoanne

Reefing newb
Basically I messed up my back over the holidays and I can't bend or lift much it's been two weeks since I changed my water in my tanks how long do you think I would be able to go before I need to change the water? I've gone 2 weeks lots of times with no problems but never more than that.

I have gone longer before however you should test each week and let the results of your tests mandate your water changes. If necessary you'll have to be prepared to make a water change. You may be able to go weeks without one.

Last edited:
I plan on testing every week or so but how bad should I let it get before needing the water change. My reef has all softies and it is normally at between 5 and 10 nitrates all the time so should I do a water change once it goes over 10 or sooner or can I wait evern later?

Buy one of your buddies a six pack and have them do it for you. And while their doing it be like "while your at... Give that glass a good scrubbin." :bounce:

I have a bad back and lifting up a bucket of water may as well be a house. I have a old MJ that I use to pump the water back into my tank... you still have to have someone move the bucket close enough but... that is what I do.

+1 Darko.
I actually bought a Rio 1700 pump for that exact reason.
The only time I lift a bucket of water,is to carry it outside to dump.

Back