How long can fish survive shipping?

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by FishyReef, Sep 19, 2013.

1. FishyReef

Marinne13 Northern Reefer

If it were me I would try and take it out but if it gets completely eaten then it shouldn't cause a spike...that sucks about the butterfly

is LA going to do anything for you?

Marinne13, Sep 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

I wish I could reach it - its behind the rocks in the far corner (and my rocks are epoxied in place). Even if I try to blow it out with a powerhead its stuck in the grasp of the brittlestar :( Not really sure what to do other than leave it and hope the body mostly gets eaten. Nassarius snails and the cucumber are also making their way over as we speak. I do plan to do a good size water change tomorrow though.

FishyReef, Sep 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. FishyReef

Marinne13 Northern Reefer

sounds like a plan, losing a fish always sucks...especially when you do it right

Marinne13, Sep 25, 2013
    FishyReef likes this.
  4. FishyReef

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

The brittlestar released its grip and I managed to get it out of the rocks. Once I had it out of the water I could clearly see that it had broken its nose. It was a pretty severe break and there was no way he could have recovered. I'm guessing he either ran into the glass or got it stuck in a crevice. Poor little guy. I'm glad he didn't suffer long :(

FishyReef, Sep 25, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question