How long can ro/di water sit for

tp1011

Reefing newb
I have a 20 gal can I put my ro/di water in with salt mix. I do a 5gal- 3gal wc every 7 days or so I take the pump out of the can once salt is mixed. I noticed the water has a little odor to it when I get to the last 5 gal or so is this normal?

Should I leave the pump and heater on the whole time the water is in the can?

Thanks

I have a 20 gal can I put my ro/di water in with salt mix. I do a 5gal- 3gal wc every 7 days or so I take the pump out of the can once salt is mixed. I noticed the water has a little odor to it when I get to the last 5 gal or so is this normal?

Should I leave the pump and heater on the whole time the water is in the can?

Thanks

Is the can used for just the saltwater mix or just the RODI mix? Or Both? :12:
Note to hold Mixed saltwater or RODI water for a lengthy period of time is to have water movement and an airtight container.

If the water is getting an oder it is most kicking itself into a mini cycle as when you started your aquarium for the first time. aka that water is spoiled (throw away/expired)

Leave the pump in for sure and heater when your about to do a WC(water change) so that the temps match up with your DT(Display Tank)

See the problem with API is that the colors are too similar. Either it's yellow...or a lil darker yellow and your fish are dead.lol I don't trust them at all. :twocents:

Back