How Many Arms do you see on the Anemone?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have had this Anemone for about a year. It probably had around 25-25 arms when I got it. It is at least double the size but how many arms do you count?

Just for fun but there may be some hiding.

I got 76 and I keep wondering if it will ever split.

Anemone by Phastroh, on Flickr

76-Arms by Phastroh, on Flickr

From my understanding it may not split at all as long as its happy. But if you want to split it your self I've seen friends cut them in half with a pair of surgical shears. When I lived in Hawaii and worked for a dive shop we saw some nem's nearly the size of dinner plates. So just wait and see if it wants to split. Or you can make it feel threatened and force it to clone it's self. I do have to say thought what ever way it splits make sure it is in a safe location if not removed in to a tank to heal. Because they will be vary vulnerable and weak from the split. Some fish and inverts will smell them as feed if not something to play with and pick at them.

For myself the velvet I had split 3 times before I sold them off due to my tank not being right for them let alone after they healed they became to big for the tank. so if your seeing 3x's the growth expect the same with the seed and the clone if it were to happen once there were happy again.

Last edited:
Hmmm good info on that. I thought it was gonna split before. I thought I saw it dividing but it never happened.

Hmmm good info on that. I thought it was gonna split before. I thought I saw it dividing but it never happened.

As much as I love Nem's I want to steer clear of them other than my tube nem. He's easy just have to give it some clam or fish here and there and its happy. I know this is mean but one nem I had a few years back was feed on baby damsels and it loved them. I'm waiting on getting my own place so I can set up a 250g then get to the 2 year mark and have it well seeded before I get another. I love the bubble tip and the velvet's the most. thought i will give some prop's to the carpet nem's there pretty bad a$$ also.

Any ways you have a smoking Nem there hope it lasts a life time. Because with cloning they can :Cheers:

I had 2 but one vanished overnight it seemed. No spikes in my tank but where it was perched the CLownfish had a nest below with eggs.

People siad no fish could eat it but something did something to it.

I had 2 but one vanished overnight it seemed. No spikes in my tank but where it was perched the CLownfish had a nest below with eggs.

People siad no fish could eat it but something did something to it.
hmmm I had one get sucked up in to a power head once. I did not get spikes after that as well. so hmmm maybe?:question:

Back