How many cleaner shrimp for a 180?

Northstar24

The Tang Herder
I currently have a single cleaner shrimp and a CBS in my 180. It seems like the fish are always lining up and waiting for the cleaner. Does anyone see an issue with me adding another cleaner or two to the tank so that the one I have now isnt harrased by my fish 24x7?

Thats so cool I totally wanna see the line of fish at the fish wash! LOL

I have a goby and a blenny and the goby is retarded he gets near the cleaner and opens his mouth but never gets close enough for him to actually reach and do anything HAHA

I'd add them one at a time. The CB is not the greatest neighbor to have, and he may go after one if he feels crowded at all.

Thanks guys, I wouldn't add them all at the same time. My Potter's Angel and my Sailfin Tang are the worse offenders, they're always parked in the shrimps cave.

I've recently heard several horror stories about the CBS - while mine has acted just fine, I am considering pulling him out and either taking him back to the LFS or putting him in my fuge

I don't think you'll have a problem adding several more. I've got a pair in my 28g tank so you can definitely do more.

I have two in my 75. And they both seem happier then in seperate tanks. Maybe they were eyeing each other across my living room. Now they are side by side.

i love the skunk cleaners ... only problem i have with them is when i am target feeding they love to scurry over and steal all the food right off the corals ... i cover the corals as much as i can but they are persistent

i love the skunk cleaners ... only problem i have with them is when i am target feeding they love to scurry over and steal all the food right off the corals ... i cover the corals as much as i can but they are persistent

My skunk just starting doing the same thing. I am trying to feed my coco worm and it swims as fast as it can over there and the worm goes in ints tube so i hope the coco worm is getting some food. However I do love my skunk and my fish seem to love him 2!

Im going to have to agree with fastrd on this one. add them but be cautious CBS can be extremely nasty and kill your shrimp, not to mention other fish and whatever else pisses it off

Haven't been able to make it to my favorite LFS yet, hoping to get there tomorrow. +1 to everyone for the replies

The next time the CBS is out and about, he's getting caught and moved to the 'fuge

Back