how many gallons is this

depends on if his measurements are right, which they seem off a little? Also depends on if he measure outside or inside, which it looks like outside. But given the measurements its about 400g

Commercial tank manufacturers rate their tanks by outside measurements. So figure z(length (inches) x width (inches) x height (inches))/ 277.4 gallon/inches^3. So (72 x 36 x 36)/277.4 = 336.38 gallons
Being a custom acrylic tank it was probably designed to be a 300 gallon tank using inside dimensions for sizing and for a water level not all the way to the top edge, therefore it is probably a 300 gallon tank. BIG TANK.

isnt 1 gallon=231 inches ^3? Or am I missing something because its outside measurements? I think your using a UK gallon..?

Last edited:
isnt 1 gallon=231 inches ^3? Or am I missing something because its outside measurements? I think your using a UK gallon..?
:shock: Oops, Thank You, I sit corrected, and red faced. :shock:
(72 x 36 x 36)/231 = 403.94 gallons or 400 gallons nominal.

Last edited:
about 400. If their measurements are right.

One big tank! Hopefully its not to far for you, so you an see if its all scratched up or whatever??

if its scratched thats no biggie. for 200 dollars ill buy it and do all the buffing required. its worth it for by far the biggest system here

Be sure you look at it before you buy it, or at least ask about the scratches. That much acrylic will be a super pain to buff out if it's scratched badly (which it probably is for selling so cheap).

ok so i just got off the phone with the guy and he said that it has no scratches on it and the back is still covered with cardboard and the sticky protector film thing. he also said it was drilled and meant for that hole to be covered with an overflow box. it has dried salt on it from previously holding saltwater im assuming. he also said he is going to drop it down to 125 just to get rid of it. good deal??

Back