How Many More Can I Add....

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
i have a 29 gallon oceanic biocube, with 33 pounds of liverock...

i have..

2 false pecula clownfishes "1inch"
1 randall goby "1inch"
1 red fire goby "1.5 inch"
1 red starfish "1inch"
1 porcelain crab "1inch"

I think 4 fish is pretty much max out that system.However,adding inverts say like a cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp don't add much to the bioload.

I would do more inverts-shrimps,more porcelain crabs and corals,fish not so much.

Hmmm I'm not so sure. Every system is unique, and there are no firm rules for stocking. If your tank can handle it, you can surely add another small fish in there, but you'll know that if your parameters spike or the fish fight for territory that you have added one too many. Unfortunately, if you add another fish, you run the risk of killing stuff to find that out. I tend to stock heavily, and I would risk adding one more fish to that tank. But I also combat my heavy stocking with as high quality of a skimmer as one can afford. If you don't have a good filtration system on that tank, I wouldn't risk it.

If live rock is the only filtration it is not to much rock as long as he likes the appearance that amount of rock provides. Better a lot of natural filtration than to little. If you are chiefly interested in fish, I would go ahead and get another one, but I would be prepared to face the fact that a lot of the different invertebrates would be off limits as more than likely you will most often be running high nitrate readings in your tank. This is OK with fish, but most invertebrates do not do near as well as fish at tolerating high nitrates. Even with the present amount of fish and the amount of rock you have you will need to do water changes, so doing them a little more often is all you will have to do to have another fish. Live rock is pretty good at nitrification but not very good at denitrification, especially the more popular porous live rocks. The denser (Atlantic) live rocks are better denitrifiers.

Back