How many powerheads do you have in your tank if any?

nooo I couldn't do that. I will take a picture. He is really cool. For sure a joy in the tank. Minus him killing stars and turbo snails he can get a hold of.

I'd recommend getting any non-reef safe animal like him out ASAP because if you cannot keep a cleaner crew alive with him in there you will run into major water quality problems later, which will compromise the health of every inhabitant of your tank, including that crab. And if he is killing stars and snails, he might just be one swipe away from killing your fish too (like my Sally Lightfoot crabs are... :grumble: ). Predatorial crabs will have no problem catching slow moving or smaller fish.

You could always set up a small species only tank for your crab. That way you can keep a clean up crew for your reef and still have your crab.

Yeah I agree you really should put that crab in a species tank if you like it that much.I had a box crab that came in as a hitchhiker with liverock that I bought.It ran havoc on my tank and me,eating snails,other crabs,peppermint shrimp.It won't be amusing later especially if you have coral in there.Besides have you ever smelled a dead snail shell,it reeks!!!

To keep detrius floating and off the sand I pointed the directional spouts to the glas and angled slightly down that way it bounces off the glass and blows across the top of the sand with out have to much force to moved the sand.

Back