How many pumps do I need?

Different types of rock come from different areas. In general, Caribbean live rock is very dense and non-porous, like concrete or bricks. I like Fiji rock the best. Tonga branch rock look like branches and can make your aquascaping look more interesting.

So when I am looking to buy rock how do I know if I'm getting the good, low density and porous kind? What do I look for? FatMan, the website you gave me with the rock is the "good" kind?
Thanks.
:bounce:The Tampa Bay live rock is maricultured live rock. It is rock from the Bahamas that is calcite based not aragonite. It is denser than Fiji rock but not s dense as most Caribbean natural live rock. Being denser than Fiji live rock it has less surface area per pound. It would require more pounds of Tampa bay rock than Fiji rock, however, Tampa Bay rock is a maricultured product therefore not reef destructive and has many, many times as much life on, in and with it as Fiji or any other available live rock. I recommend the use of dry base rock from http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/Rock.htm and that you cover that with live rock from Tampa Bay Live Rock.:bounce: Yes, it is the good kind, as in best available, and best as in environmentally most correct for the reefs.

Last edited:
Back