How Many Starfish?

SaltwaterNoob17

Reefing newb
How many starfish would be recommended for a 46 gallon?

I currently have one sand-sifting starfish. I thought adding one more to the aquarium would be fine, but wanted you all's opinion. The one I have now, I've had for almost a year (I transferred him to the 46 after I broke down my Biocube about 7 months ago), but he spends pretty much all of his time in the sand (go figure). I'm glad that he stirs up the sand (that's why I bought him), but I thought it would be cool to have a more colorful starfish that ventures onto the LR and glass...

There are a few you could look into but I would wait for a while for a really well stabled aquarium. 1 Sand Sifting is enough for a 46, just make sure hes eating enough.

Serpent stars are awsome, they are the closest thing I will have that look like an octopus. they are a lil creepy looking at first but alot of fun:Cheers:

Thanks guys! I think I'll research the linkias. I'm probably going to make an LFS run soon, and I'll see what they have that is small. I don't think I can handle serpent stars, though. They CREEP ME OUT!! :ugh:

Thanks guys! I think I'll research the linkias. I'm probably going to make an LFS run soon, and I'll see what they have that is small. I don't think I can handle serpent stars, though. They CREEP ME OUT!! :ugh:

Serpent stars are actually cool once you watch them for a while.
Mine will come out of the rock at night when I turn the moon lights off.Any little pockets of waste they can find are eaten.:D Plus my daughter LOVES to hand feed em.She thinks its cool when they crawl onto her hand to take the food.

Back