how many tangs

That's how I am. I've been working on cars since before I could drive and I work construction now, so I can do about anything I need to. Why pay somebody? Er...unless I'm too lazy...

Thats with doing as much of the work myself that iI could. M husband says I'm scary. My husband is a grease monkey and if he doesn't have a wrench in his hand he is not fixing it. I can read and I am not afraid to try to do stuff myself. Did all my own wiring in the house, tilework and demo. Even did the reframing and installed the bathrooms. Built my own aquarium stand for my tank an let me tell you that sucker is not going to collapse under the weight. I even jacked up and redid the cribbing under my camp that year. I am not afraid to try and if I think I can do it I usually acomplish the project. So if you have a brain that you aren't afraid to use and you are handy you'l get her done. good luck.

I'm the same way. If you look at my build thread you will see that I'm really willing to do about any project. I generally think about my end result, look for barriers and ways around them and start cutting wood / wire / pipes as appropriate to the project. I have taken a 220V shock and referred to that as "instructional." Other than that and a few other educational experiences it's been a fun ride through life. My DIY skills allow me to be in the hobby, as I generally have no budget.

Yeah I learned the hard way a few time too. Try driving a 4" nail through your hand or crushing your fingers with a sledge hammer. Not even going to explain how that happened. Haven't managed to electrecute myself yet though

Electricity and I have a strong respect for each other. I pay attention to its rules and I get no more "Opportunities to improve."

I guess the biggest oops I ever had trying to DIY was tearing apart a Rochester Quadri-jet four barrel carb with no clue. I took the top all apart and flipped it over to start taking the bottom apart and little balls and needles made tiny jingling sounds as they bounced all over the basement. No clue where they went. I didn't even have a rebuild diagram!

I had to seek professional intervention on that one....just ask your husband about that one....

Wellmy hubby is into anything that got big tires and yellow paint. He also has a 51 meteor. so I have a pretty good idea $$$ where you a coming from.

Electricity and I have a strong respect for each other. I pay attention to its rules and I get no more "Opportunities to improve."

I guess the biggest oops I ever had trying to DIY was tearing apart a Rochester Quadri-jet four barrel carb with no clue. I took the top all apart and flipped it over to start taking the bottom apart and little balls and needles made tiny jingling sounds as they bounced all over the basement. No clue where they went. I didn't even have a rebuild diagram!

I had to seek professional intervention on that one....just ask your husband about that one....

Back