How Much CUC?

Tom866

Reefing newb
Hi guys,

I have a 50 gal FOWLR tank at present. I havw 2 clownfish, 1 emerald male crab, 2 hermits and 3 turbo's.

My question is - how many CUC should my tank have? Does what I have sound enough or should I have more?

They seem to do a good job at keeping glass clean - but plenty of crap always on the live sand/substrate

Thanks!

You can still view the cleaner packages on the website, and use that as a guide for a clean up crew. If your tank is brand new, I would not add it all at once, I would add it in two or three groups

I have a 55g and I have about 10 hermits, 2 olive snails, 2 turbo snails and about 5 cerith and nassarius snails, a brittle and a serpent starfish.

I think its best to maybe start out with 10 each and go from there. If I could go back I would not have gotten the hermits at all they are just mean most of the time to the snails.

I would definitely recommend a handful of nassarius snails (at least 10) for your sandbed, and a brittle or serpent star or two.

+1 Bifferwine, I had no idea how much of a big difference nassarius snails could make on a sandbed, they are great sifters.

Back