how much curent???

:surfing:i have some simple corals and cleaning crew 2 clown fish does my tank need alot of curent...i have a power head but wend i turn it on it looks like the clown dont like it..but some corals do like it...do clown fish like curent. SSPX0104.jpg

SSPX0111.jpg

SSPX0110.jpg

SSPX0109.jpg

SSPX0108.jpg

SSPX0107.jpg

simply put, you have to have flow. some coral's can handle more than other's so some research is best before you purchase them. if they are getting blasted so to speak then they may not open. as far as your clown's they will ajust

Yea, dont worry too much about fish, if they get hit by the jets they always find calm spots in the water.

The other part is play around with your jets, find a stream that wont aggravate your corals. Like Mesh said, they wont open up if they have too much flow so you can use that as a short term indicator. if they start to close, too much flow for that coral, move him, change the flow, or flow direction

:)

I think you'll find that the clown will get used to the flow, and you'll probably find him playing in the current as well. My clowns love to ride the current.

I wouldn't consider a goni a simple coral but okay.It does seem like you are low on flow.I would add another one on opposite ends.The clown will be fine.

My clowns like to swim right in front of the big powerhead and it shoots them off to the other side of the tank. I'm pretty sure they do it for fun. :)

I agree, my clowns love riding the current. I have 2 koralia 2s in my 55 and i think the fish love it. they go to a calm spot when there not playing.

In my 29G I have a Rio 6hf 365 GPH pump and a Koralia 1 in the back corner pushing water under the rock. The Rio has 2 loc-line outlets creating flow in 2 areas of the main display.

Back