How much food?

tritan

Reefing newb
Sometimes I get the sense that I feed to much, other times I feel like I don't feed enough. I know this is a subjective question but given this set of fish:

Blue tang
Yellow tang
2 Osellaris clowns
Coral Beauty
Spotted Mandarin
Flame Angel
2 Kaudern Cardinals.

What would you suggest my portion size should be measured by the standard frozen block of shrimp if I were to feed them once a day? 1/2 a block? 1/4? whole?

I feed my 2 Oscellaris Clowns (Mature) 1 Cave Goby (Mature), 1 Flame Angel, 2.5-3" and 1 Mandarin Dragonet at least 1 full cube equivalent (or close enough) of mixed frozen Marine Cuisine, Rod's Food, etc. and I put in a teaspoon of Arcti-Pods ( for the Mandarin) and Oyster Feast (targeted for the corals) on alternating days.

I have a big Algae scrubber (12" x 10") so I really don't worry too much about overfeeding.

I don't think that one cube a day would be overfeeding those guys. That sounds about right to me. When I had 13 fish in my tank, I was feeding them 3 cubes every other day.

I think you'll be good with a cube a day. I had 9 fish in my 75 and was feeding 2 cubes a day, spread out across the day.

Back