How much is to much moonlight

Is there such a thing?

The LED strips i recently ordered are REALLY bright. I noticed my mantis wasnt sleeping the first night after they had been on for 4 plus hours...today my sixline is still raceing around after 3 hours after....

Most of my corals dont close.. The frogspawn and hammer and shrooms shrivel up like normal.....idk i dont wanna stress any fish out...specially my mantis or my mandarian in the reef. Ill take some pix and post. Whatcha think?

:Cheers:

Heres a FTS of the mantis tank which is where the leds are going to stay but do i leave them on all night is the ? Followed by some close ups (iphone)

1b677268.jpg

c8be7479.jpg

d3b270ff.jpg

7f6c189c.jpg

My reef tank is still high because im acclimating the light so its about to get a hell of alot brighter!

bbdf6ca7.jpg

3dacffaa.jpg

8d83c6ab.jpg

There are 36 LED's on the 20g and 54 on the reef......help a brotha out with some info plz

mantis eyes are a lot diffrent if its bugging him you could use them for dusk/dawn on his tank. i got 2 lunar led's on my 56 and the fish never seam to mind +it dose make corals look cool and lets me see when my sun corals are rdy to be fed. nice green zoa pic btw.

mantis eyes are a lot diffrent if its bugging him you could use them for dusk/dawn on his tank. i got 2 lunar led's on my 56 and the fish never seam to mind +it dose make corals look cool and lets me see when my sun corals are rdy to be fed. nice green zoa pic btw.

I think what i might do is take a couple strips of window tint and tape them on to cover up selected LED's to limit it a little....it just seems so bight and i have this feeling it does effect them. Ill wait on the reef to see what happens when i lower my lights.

Thanks for the help and the nice compliment.:Cheers:

Back