How much light does coralline need?

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
How much light does coralline need?

I transferred some coralline LR to a new tank and the stuff is dieing off. Maybe its doesn't have enough light.

Mine did too. I think its a water quality issue too. As your water matures the coralline will start to grow.

after it has been exposed to air it will turn white and die.it will come back. most coraline is low light there is some that thrive in shallow highly lit areas af the ocean. but most or our rock come from deeper lower lit areas

coraline to me is more about water conditions than light conditions. I agree with james. It dies off but will eventually come back.

In my tank, coralline grows better in lower, darker areas than at the top. And I have over 1600 watts of light, but just comparing low light to high light areas of my tank.

yea, i was looking at that purple up in the store, but i didnt think that my tank was mature enough to really be getting into that stuff yet.. whaddya'll think?

New tanks tend to have lower calcium. If Purple Up raises your calcium to normal levels (400ppm) that's got to be good.

i dont know if you can call mine new, or established, i'm just not sure, mine was a previously set up tank, that i moved from my buddy's house to mine, the live rock and sand and everything else... tho, i have done a bunch of water changes, i guess i should figure out and start testing for calcium levels...

man i still have so much i need to learn.

Back