How much LR at once?

Rcchanlder

Reefing newb
i just ordered some LR offline that is suppose to have all type of coraline and life on it. If i put it in my DT is it going to start my cycle over? or will it be ok since it is live

If its coming from a good distance away,and is being shipped to you,99% chance it will have some die-off.I would not add it to your tank right away.Plus,you never know what the heck could be hitching a ride with it.You should always QT any and everything you plan on putting in you DT,unless its dry

Ditto. You want to cure it for like 30 days in another tank. If you don't it could definatly spike your tank.

I dunno about temp. There was a seller in VA that kept his LR in a huge tub in his backyard. He would just maintain salinity on it and let the sun be the light and a pump for flow.

are you recommending the sump for dieback or hitchhikers? i was just going to throw it in the sump and do freshwater dips to see what comes out

the rock i ordered should only be jsut out of the ocean for 3 days and is suppose to arive alive. if i put it in the sump and wait fot hitchhikers is that a good option? i dotn want to kill the good life or even the non-reef friendly life.

Back