How much should I be feeding?

Lizardgi

I used to have lizards
I know there isn't a perfect answer to this, but I think I might be overfeeding.

I currently feed roughtly 1/2 a cube of mysis shrimp a day for my 3 fish: a clown, medium mimic tang, and six line wrasse. Typically I skip a day a week. I also put in a small square of seaweed for the Tang 2x a week.

Do you think this is too much? I am having a bit of an issue with excess algae/cyano even when running a working algae scrubber.

Thanks!

Edit, forgot to add that Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia, and Phosphates all read 0 when tested.

I think you can cut that down to 1/4 cube a day, especially if you are having algae problems. Do you use tap or RODI water?

I feed 3 cubes every other day to my 15 fish. This includes two tangs and a foxface, which are large in size.

I use RODI, but I do suspect that my membrane may be wearing out. I've got a dual TDS meter on the way from Amazon to find out! Algae isn't a huge problem, but I really want to stop it before it gets to be one.

I'll try cutting down to a 1/4 cube and see how it goes. Thanks!

I bought my RO unit used with the tank, I highly doubt it's been changed in in the last year. I'm a bit worried to check my numbers! :shock:

i have 5 fish, 1 clown, 2 pink anthiees and 1 fire fish and a sand sifting goby and i feed mine a quarter of a cube every 2 days and inbetween some marineland flake food and so far no one is starving

Back