How Much ?

Sunshine

Reef enthusiast
How much garlic extract do you use when you soak the food ? And the vitamin C , how do you use that ? My pseudochromis has ick.

I've been just dropping in enough to saturate the food. First with the c then garlic, the garlic is strong so don't spill it. Let the pellet soak for a few minutes until the liquid is gone, too long and it turns to mush. Then I just put a little in to get them smelling it and add a little at a time as they eat it.

Also a cleaner shrimp will hel[ out removing it from the fish. Good luck and keep us posted, I want to see how people do with this treatment. I had great success with my Tang, he's the only fish I treated for ich like this and so far he's done by far the best. No wierd drugs or herbal treatment, just vitamins! I'm still in awe that it worked for me.

Last edited:
Is the vitamin C a liquid also ? I have 2 Cleaner shrimps. They did a good job, but she's just not acting like her normal self. She was in a hole in a rock for 2 days and not eating. She finally came out of the hole today. I'll try this treatment. Her tail is a little shredded also.

We went everywhere trying to find it. Even the drug store. They don't have it. We don't have a health store that I'm aware of here. I'll have to go to the one in the next town tomorrow. I'll see if she eats tonight since she came out. The spots are gone on her. The shrimp did a fine job.... lol

Yea, it's real important that they keep eating. Mine had about 5 spots in it too, but nothing like a few days ago. Keeps visiting the cleaner shrip too.

Biff says you can get it at Petsmart or Petco, you have one nearby? Might call first. If you go online you can get a sku number to tell the person on the phone what you are looking for, make it easy.

GREAT !!!!!!!! Never thought of going there. We do have a Petsmart. I'll go there after work tomorrow. When I fed them tonight, she went under some rocks and ate what fell in there. She is really acting weird. Never acted like this before, she was always the aggressive one in the tank. Now, she's acting like she's afraid of something.

Thanks, SeaBee

Yes, we have a GNC at the mall in the next town away from me. I'll try Petsmart first and see if they have it. We have another pet store also, can't remember the name tho. It's in the same area where I work. Thanks for all your help SeaBee.

Thanks, David.... She's a pita but she was my first saltwater fish when we started, my son bought her for me.

Back