how often do i feed my bta

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
I was just curious as to how often I should feed my green bta? I have two occellaris clowns but they haven't hosted it yet...doesn't seem like they are ever going to. Im feeding it every four days or so. Last time I fed it, it ate the krill and then hours later that day it deflated and spit it out. Should I feed it less often? I feed it chunks of krill.

I never feed my anemone. Of course it does pick up food from the water column but, if you have sufficient lighting you should need to spot feed it.

I have the marineland LED lighting fixture. This is good for anemones right? I have been monitoring this anemone like crazy bc I my tank is only a couple months old and when I bought a big piece of LR it was on it when I brought it home. I haven't had any problems with it yet. It found its spot and stayed for like two weeks and now it moved to a new spot a few inches away. So you don't think I need to feed it at all? Is it like the corals where they get their food and energy from the light?

if it is spitting it out then try once a week and smaller amount of food.
but like bl1 said you should not have to feed if it gets the right light.
A trick to get your clowns to host your bta is take a plastic dish ( i used one that pre packed hillshire farms lunch meat comes in) make lots of holes in it so water can flow through it. Put your bta in it and your clownfish put cover on and let it set in the tank for about 3 hours. The clowns will have no choice but to rub up against the bta and by the end of 3 hours should be playing it.
That is how i got my clowns to host my bta they would not go near it before and now they sleep in it.
just read your other post that light is not going to keep your anemone

I just decided with my hubby that we are bringing the bta back to the store. It's just too much of a risk. It keeps moving and I am putting power heads in soon which is another risk of it getting caught. Thanks for the advice though guys. Ilk just stick with my maxi mini for now.

I would say that no that LED light is not good for an anemone I had that light and it was very weak. I put it over my planted freshwater tank and it does ok.

I feed my nems a couple mysis shrimp or a piece of squid like once a week but I do see them catch pieces out of the water when I feed the fish. Mine have never moved since they found their homes. I think if they are moving around they are not happy.

Although one of my nems found a rock that allows him to poke out of either side so he cheats....LOL but his foot never moves he just pops his tentacles out different directions.

I don't think I can provide adequate care for this nem so I am bring it to my lfs today. I don't want it to risk getting stuck in a powerhead and my tank just isn't mature enough. But the good thing is is that I can add more corals where the new used to be! :)

Yea I will try again some day maybe. I ended up getting a six line wrasse and a yellow hogfish. :) and I installed my powerheads too.

My husband loves him! :) I have this deep crevice in one of my rocks and is loves to swim in and out of it. I think he may have claimed it as his little cove.

Back