how often should fish be fed...

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
and how much????

right now i feed a mix of frozen mysis shrimp, emerald entre, and marine cuisine, with a dash of cyclopeze

im feeding once a day the equivelent of about a quarter cube

is this enough?????

in the tank (all small)
1 hippo tang
1 dragon gobie
1 lawnmower blennie
1 false percula
misc snails and hermits
1 sally lightfoot (getting big)

There is nothing wrong with skipping a feeding day --it will actually reduce nitrates a little. Occasionally you might feed them twice a day.

You could feed a little more than 1/4 cube for that many fish. I'd bump it up to 1/2 a cube. I have 30 fish in my tank, and feed them about 7 cubes a day.

I agree bump it up a little. Are you feeding the tang algae sheets or do you have enough algae in your tank?

I agree you should bump up the feeding, especially if your tang is large. I feed my fish twice daily, soemetimes 3 times if im not working. but thats because of the fish I have, then my 80 gallon only gets fed maybe every other day to every 3 days because I only have 2 small fish.

About once a day is the norm.I'll go a whole cube since there is a hippo in your tank.

Personally,I feed 4-5 cubes,2-3 times a day for about 15 fishes.

I agree bump it up a little. Are you feeding the tang algae sheets or do you have enough algae in your tank?
if he is feeding marine cuisine and emerald entree i think if he just bumps up the feeding then he can get away with not needing to fed sheets to his hippo

Back