• 39-45

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 46-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 and over

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
im 22.
biff youve been in the hobby for 5 years so you started at 20. what made you get into the hobby?? for me i saw a friends tank aound christmas time in 07. didnt know nothing about them then... now i know a little something something.

I have been a scuba diver since I was a kid. My dad used to take me to the Caribbean and the Red Sea (we lived all over the world). Scuba diving was an obsession for me, and then when I "grew up" and moved to Arizona where there is no ocean nearby, I missed it, and setting up a saltwater tank seemed to be the closest thing to it. I moved to AZ when I was 20 and set up my first tank shortly after. There were a few years in between where I didn't have a tank at all because I didn't have the space or the money, but I set up a tank again 2 1/2 years ago.

Alright, you all are just plain depressing!!!! Your making me feel old :shock:. I'm 40 ... that's 40 years YOUNG.

I'm 35.

Starting out new to saltwater because my 55 gal freshwater is just to small for where I have it in my house. Thanks to this stupid internet and looking at awesome pictures I'm now working on getting a much larger salt-water tank set-up that I'm sure to find more appealing than my current tank.

after looking at everyones ages and tank descriptions, im starting to wonder what kind of jobs we all have. You dont have to tell me, but i would like to know. i currently have two jobs, burlington coat factory and steve&berry's. But even with both of these im still wondering if im going to be able to sustain a reef. But im a optimistic dude so im going to try anyway.:mrgreen:

Im 27 work for railroad two kids yearly income 60-70k if that helps. Save spare cash for equiptment, go with more energy efficient equiptment and buy frags and you should be ok. Its not a hobby that most people can jump into overnight. This site is mostly dominated by bluecolar workers and student to the best of my knowledge. There are a few white colar professionals but not many. My best advice is to take it slow buy some good used equiptment at good prices and be patient itll all work out if you wait long enough. I still dont have water in my 180 system and ive been slowly gathering the parts and pieces for six months. While you are saving it gives you a lot of time to read and learn. Take advantage of it while you can it will save you a lot of money and heartache in the future!

Back