How reefing sent my daughter to the ER!

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I was super gluing some of my corals down earlier today. I set the super glue on my kitchen counter and went too put the coral back in my tank. No joke, I turned around 10 secounds later to see my daughter rubbing her eye. Then it clicked, she got some (I mean alot of) super glue on her hand and rubbed her eye. I took her to the ER immediatly. She didnt cry but she was pretty scared. It took about an hour of rubbing her eye with mineral oil and a Q-tip to get it loose, but shes fine now. The pictures do no justice as to how bad it was.
0035.jpg

002.jpg

Hehehe. I can tell that it was a true emergency by the fact that you stopped to take pictures before bringing her in to see the doctor ;). Glad she's okay though, I would think that superglue would really burn if you got it close to your eyes.

i cant see the conjuntiva nor the cornea...but is there no pain or swelliness shell be fine..buy saline dropps..2 dropps every 4 hrs...dont use nothing else..no topical antibiotics yet...if swelliness redness or pain continues severly seek medical help...otherwise shell be fine...

I learned 16 years ago to keep super glue away from the kids,lol.Stuff that didnt need glue got glued.Namely the adjustment knobs on a swarvorski 10x-29x w/50mm objective.
Glad she didnt cause herself to much trouble.

No freaking joke Redline Paige's mom (A name not worth mentioning but is always followed by the phrase "g o d d a m n good for nothing redhead) was only pissed for like 20 seconds. Beats me, I thought she would have castrated me.... makes me kinda wonder what happened at her house I don't know about? I mean your kid super gluing their eye shut is pretty much as bad as it gets.... What catastrophe do I not know about?

BTW, My daughter is just fine, she is hard-headed, tuff and beautiful just like her daddy:mrgreen:! Although my parent laughed their @$$ off when I told them, all they could say is "Pay backs a b i t c h!"

maybe she had a realistic moment where she realized that accidents really do happen with children even if your not being neglectful and just trying to do honest everyday things, that would be nice for a change haha

Back