how to adjust my cpr bak pak skimmer

I'm here to help. I know my answers get long winded sometimes, but I think it helps if you have a complete understanding of how it works and why it works the way it does.

I could have just said, "It takes 3 days to full the cup 1/2 way." Thats a generic answer and in a week or maybe 6 months some smartass SOB would have come here and called me a liar and told me I was stupid because HIS cup takes 3 weeks to fill 1/2 way. What he will have probably neglected to tell, is that his cup sits 1/2" OUT of the water. :roll:

I believe in REALLY helping somebody learn about their fish, tank, RC plane, skimmer, floor jack etc... If I'm going to answer you--I'm going to tell you everything I know about it, so that you learn. I don't believe in "spoonfeeding" people little bits of info as they ask more and more questions. I'll tell you everything I know right up front so that you understand it as well as I do. I hate people who hold onto information like it's some F**KING secret. It's an attitude like they know it--and if you want the info--then you have to kiss their ass for it. Total BS way to act and live your life IMHO.

Sometimes the others here give me a hard time about my long winded answers. :mrgreen: It's okay. I got thick skin and I know I'm helping people.

Hey RC, I noticed in your vids that the water column is a lot higher in your skimmers 1st chamber than in mine. Do you have any ideas why? The same chamber where the collection cup sits, the water only rises just past the intake tube. I found that on yours it is a lot higher. This happens even after I thoroughly clean the powerhead, skimmer, and all parts.

Hey RC, I noticed in your vids that the water column is a lot higher in your skimmers 1st chamber than in mine. Do you have any ideas why? The same chamber where the collection cup sits, the water only rises just past the intake tube. I found that on yours it is a lot higher. This happens even after I thoroughly clean the powerhead, skimmer, and all parts.

Do you have the Bak-Pak skimmer? Or the same large Aquafuge2 PS refugium that I have?

If you have the same refugium as mine, then I don't know why your water level would be so much lower.

If you have the Bak-Pak skimmer, it could be just how that particular design is baffled. Look at the height difference between the intake and outlet tubes in the Bak-Pak skimmer. They are almost the same height. The water level is only going to rise until it hits the outlet pipe--then it runs out.

Bak-Pak.JPG

Look at the refugium. The intake pipe and outlet pipes are about the same level, but there is a lot of "tank" above the intake tube. There is a baffle inside the refugium that water must pour over before it hits the outlet tube and dumps in the tank.

Refugium_174407.JPG

Back