How to catch a 6 line wrasse?

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
Anyone got a great way to catch one of these stupid fish? He ate my new pistol shrimp. Wanked him right off the rock 10 minutes after I put him in. I think he ate one of my peppermint shrimp too. This fish knows I hate him...he glares at me with his beady little eyes as he darts in and out of the rocks chasing anything that is smaller than him....lol

lol wrasses make me angry. I used a pop bottle trap, you can check youtube for a vid how to make one. Use whatever his favorite food is as bait. Stay a little back from the tank until he goes in the trap and grab the trap as soon as he goes in.

Hope that helps

The easiest method to catch a problem fish.
Run down to your local wally world.Get the smallest trout fly they have and a spool of 2lbs test fishing line.Use a pair of pliers and mash the barb on the hook down,tie the fly to the line,grab a cold beer and lawn chair and start fishin.
Once the problem fish is caught,net the fish but don't remove him from the water.Remove the hook with a set of hemostats,then remove the fish from the tank.
Just be careful to not let the fish swallow the hook.

Lol...I did try that with a black domino several months ago..he never actually took the hook..and a couple of beers later I ended up tearing apart my entire tank. I can't do that now. I have too many corals.

I used a similar trap as mrsaltwatertank...po' man's version :) And yes, I totally ran around the house jumping for joy when the stupid kole tang went in. I, too, used the fishing line, and sat as far away as possible to make the fish comfortable. But his trap would be easier to use because he could squirt the mysis in there. I used algae sheets to catch my tang :D

cut the top off and put it inwards, leaving enough room for the wrasse to get in, odds are he will get confused and wont be able to get back out.

i was just gonna say a small trout hook but yote already covered that one. or try the bottle thing cut the top off and turn it around and super glue it in place. thats my best ideas

Back