How to get anemone off rock>? please help

hazelsdad

Reefing newb
I have had a major issue with bubble algea and cynao. So i have finally said heck with it and have given my tank a major cleaning and re organizing. Well with this i founs in the back side of the largest rock i have completely covered with cyano and bubble algea. Explains why it kept coming back. Well i have taken out multiple pieces and scrubbed em down with a toothbrush and removed as much as i can. I have 3 green long tentacle anemones now :) and the main on which my clowns host the most is on this large piece of rock. I NEED to get it out of the tank and scrub it down but the big anemone is attached to it.
How do i remove it from the rock without hurting it?? i HAVE to get this rock out of my tank.
Thanks in advance!

Have you tried to gently massage the foot? It may take a little time and lots of patience but it should release its hold on the rock. You could also point a power head in the anemones direction to increase the flow and make the nem want to move from where he is at.

no i did not try gently masaging it lol. im gonna try it now. been working on cleaning for almost 4 hours now. and i need a new toothbrush lol.

Are you those are not bubble tip anemones instead of long tentacle anemones? The reason I ask is because generally the LTA's prefer to be in the sand with their foot wedged in the sand under a rock and the BTA's like to be on the rock with their foot wedged in a crevice. Just curious.

You can try putting an ice cube on the foot, or pressing the flat side of a butter knife on the foot. The anemone won't like the feeling of either and will usually release its hold.

Back