How to move a mushroom...

A candy cane I got awhile ago had mushrooms on it. I was told to scrape them off with a razor blade (which was easier said than done). They are now happily living on another rock. However, they're also growing back on the candy cane... I'm going to have to do a better job scraping next time...

You could try putting them in direct flow. But they usually leave little baby mushrooms in the path when they move.

You could also cut them at the stem and then super glue the top elsewhere. But once again, that will leave a new mushroom groming in its place.

Not sure how to get them to release their grip.

They are slimy. But I grab them at the base with my fingers and rip them off. :dunno: I've found that trying to scrape them off with a blade is pretty tough.

Get a hammer and chisel and chisel at a 45 degree angle around its base till it pops off with a little piece of rock. Its the only thing that works well. If you cut them off and leave a cell behind it will grow back.

I tried to pry this big ole mushroom off one of my rocks...it burst....now I have a dozen little ones growing in its place....hehehehe....hm...maybe I should pop more of them so I'll have more to look at in the tank :mrgreen:

Back