how to remove a clam for a rock

Take a butter knife and press the flat side (not blade) against the foot. It should release it. I have also seen ccCapt recommend pressing an ice cube on the foot of an anemone to get it to release from the rock. That might work with a clam as well.

Have you seen one of these snails on you clam? Kinda scares me a bit. I have 3 clams and have no action plan if I were to have a problem. Good luck treating yours.

pyramildellineha.jpg
this is what they look like, they are smaller then a piece of rice I went in with the tweezers and pulled off about 10 of them but I'm sure they are on the under side by the foot

well I could not get it off the rock but I was able to pull it up enought that I cound inspect under it with a flash light and I don't see any more lets hope it helps

I'm going to checkm, I seem to have about 20 now in the little cup , once the lights on the tank go out I'm sure they will venture out

You can always take a razor blade and cut the foot as close to the rock as possible. It will not hurt the clam at all. When I bought it from the LFS they had to cut the foot and when I moved my clam 2 days ago I had to cut the foot and it's just fine.

GOING TO DO A 15 GAL WATER CHANGE TONIGHT,HOPING TO MAYBE GET THE po4 LEVEL DOWN, I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYMORE OF THE LITTLE SNAILS AROUND IT SO MAYBE I GOT THEM ALL THEY CAM IS STILL NOT OPEN ALL THE WAY YOU CAN SEE THE CLAM BUT THE COLORED FLESH IS NOT OUT, HOPE IT MAKES IT, WE MOVE INTO THE NEW HOUSE IN 2-3 WEEKS AND THEN I WILL BE MOVING EVERTHING TO THE 90 GAL TANK WITH THE 55 GAL SUMP AND IT ALSO HAS A BUILT IN ALGEA SCRUBBER

Man I hope you got all those parasites. I have been wanted to get a clam now that I have T5 lighting I was told that I could so, but man this is scary. I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck.

clam seems ok it still will not open all the way but it right now its open about 1/2 way I have a Kenya tree thats growing by it and I did cut it back I think it was rubbing on it?? I'm planning on another water change in the next 2 days here, we are moving in about 2 weeks but I'm sure that the tank will be the very last to go on the move being it will be a all day project just for the tank.. can't wait though

I hope everything goes well for the move. Good Luck. Just a question though, ill be moving hopefully within a couple of months. What are the procedures to do so?

Back