how to start a reef aquerium

mikeb25

Reefing newb
I have kept freshwater tanks for 10 years and woud like to start a reef aquarium any suggestions on how to start and what are the best products to use

Your question is very difficult to answer in the space provided here. I would recommend you visit our helpful article forum and browse the articles on the 1st page. you will find a lot of helpful information there. once done with that post your questions in one of the general forums so all will visit and help. Wecome to the site, I hope your time here is fun, informative, and helpful.

I would recomend giving alittle more information, Some basics are: set an aproximate budget you have to get started. that will determine to what extent you can setup a reef. In the case of a reef, bigger is better. buy the biggest tank you can afford and the best equipment you can afford, after that you must have alot of patience. do things slowly with lots of research. dont expect a full blown reef tank overnight, most of the nice tanks out there take years to look the way they do. it is a very fun and rewarding hobby, and starting takes alot of trial and error. Again my best advice is patience, and remember that in your researching, what works for one man may not and probly wont work the same for the next. ask questions but in the end its your tank and your loss if something goes wrong, So get more than one opinion.

Do you have any ideas of size or budget yet?

Welcome to the forum. That's a very broad and vague question, lots of variables. +1 on above replies, read the stickies at the top of the list lots of good info there. Be prepared to do a lot of research and try to think of your personal goals like tank size budget and so on. good luck lots of good knowledgeable people hear to help.

Back