Howdy from AK

Yep, if you come to Fairbanks in December I suggest a coat :mrgreen:
But its a dry cold <laffin>

Pics later, my tanks are fallow at the moment. I pick up a pair of black and white clowns in Anchorage next week and my 90g will be getting slowly stocked following that. So once I get some livestock I'll be sure to add some pics.

Thanks y'all,
Bubba

oh yes deinately dry cold. too cold to snow. had fun snowmbieling on trap lines though

my uncle had a sled dog team too.

Welcome to the reef.
Dont just post tank pics.Post some of them salmon and other critter y'all got up there.

Careful what you ask for .....I do a lot of hunting and fishing. Always have pics of some kind of critters.

Now your talking my language:mrgreen:

Matter of fact.I'm trying to get things worked out so I can make a trip up there to do a little hunting.I'd sure like to try a griz around with my bow before I get to old.

OK, here are a couple hunting pics
05-16-06_2019.jpg

Cant kill them all
bull2.jpg

Prince William Sound Silver Salmon (coho)
billfish2.jpg

Little Moose
billymoose1.jpg

Matter of fact.I'm trying to get things worked out so I can make a trip up there to do a little hunting.I'd sure like to try a griz around with my bow before I get to old.

The hunting is very good here. But for a non resident to hunt grizzly you have to hire a guide unless you have an Alaskan resident that is first degree kindred with you (bro in law, brother, sister..etc). They start around $7000 plus your transportation, tags and stuff. Its really spendy if you ask me. A non resident can hunt black bear, caribou, moose, wolf, bison, and varments without needing a guide. I think caribou has the biggest sucess rates. Especially with a bow. I have hunted griz with a bow but not got a shot off (yet). Hopefully this spring I'll be able to.

Let me know if you need any info on the hunting up here. I'm always glad to help.

Bubba

Alright,I'm headed to the U-haul place.
Reckon they'd let me claim residency living in a tent?

That bear looks like a good one.That moose aint bad either.
How is the wolf hunting?Will they come to a predator call?

Alright,I'm headed to the U-haul place.
Reckon they'd let me claim residency living in a tent?

That bear looks like a good one.That moose aint bad either.
How is the wolf hunting?Will they come to a predator call?

Wolf hunting is really challenging. They are pretty smart pups.They will come in to a predator call. I use the Wildlife Technologies caller which uses studio quality sounds of the actual animal. Also use a moving decoy. And the wolf pelts are going for up to $800.

Residency means living here. I suppose a tent would work :mrgreen:. I suggest a good sleeping bag as well. One thats rated to around 100 below should do it...hahaha

My bro in law does lots of that. I think he gave up when he had 5 carcases hanging on the walls. Now he's a spotter and takes people out so they can shoot. (typically in AZ I believe)

Back