Howdy from PA

sjnovakovich

Reefing newb
Hi All.

I've been a fw guy for over 30 years and the reef bug finally bit me last summer. I did a lot of research and finally pulled the trigger with an AIO around October. Eventually got it cycled by December with dry Pukani from BRS and and seeded with a small piece of live rock from Petco. I added a cuc in the middle of December and my first fish, a lawnmower blenny the middle of January. About two weeks ago I put in my first frags: moon coral, ricordea, zoanthids, and a bird's nest.

I upgraded the original media basket to one from InTank. Stevie's customer service is great and his products are very well constructed. Don't ever hesitate to do business with him. Right from the start I added an eShopps 75 hob skimmer. This is doing a fantastic job. Pulls a cup of coffee out just about every 3 days. This was another product that I have no regrets buying. For circulation I'm using a Koralia 750 and a 1050 that are connected to Koralia Smart wave. I'm not using a heater because temps are pretty stable on their own - 76 to 78 on a daily basis. I'm running Purigen and Chemi-Pure Elite in my basket.

So far everything seem good. If I can keep this going for a year, I'll be doing another tank, probably a 45 tall that I currently have set up for fresh water. My plan is to drill it for a Bean overflow and put a sump with a refugium under it.

Looking forward to the whole process.

Welcome to the site. Hope all is going well for you and it is by the sounds of it. There is a ton of great advice on this site. Do not be afraid to ask questions.

Back