howdy guys

donnyholland

Reefing newb
just found out about you and hope to be joining your club. I have been reefing for about 5 months now and have a 120 gal tank that was stocked with a beautiful variety of softies and stoneys. I say was because when I left for vacation 2 weeks ago my house heating unit had a malfunction kept running and heated my house to 95 degrees. I lost almost everything in my tank. Everyone of my shrimp and I had a bunch they were my most favorite things in the tank... My friend caught it before everything was dead so some zoas and button polyps lived.

anyway heres the thread about the incident...
Reef Cotastrophy (worst case scenario) - The Reef Tank

Anyway if you guys have any thing you can spare to help me get back on my feet I would greatly appreciate it.

PS: when is your next meeting and do I need to pay fees before going?

Hope to meet you all soon,
/donny holland

Last edited:
hey donny, and welcome to the forrums. We would love to have you at the next meeting! the meetings dont require a membership. feel free to come and enjoy the fellowship and food. If you would like to join the membership fee is $20 a year. we are working on planning if we will have a january meeting or not because of the nashville frag swap alot of us are going to. which by the way would be a good way for you to get some corals cheap. there are several members of the club who raise out frags to trade and sell throughout the year. so Im sure some of us can hook you up with some starter frags.

If youd like to stop by the house I can give you some stuff to get you back on your feet.

donny:

I'd be glad to help you out with a few things.... however, most my stuff is higher end and very particular about water quality. Once everything has settled back down I can gladly give you a few frags etc of SPS.

You might also consider riding up with us to the nashville frag swap on the 20th.. probalby pick up a bunch of different things cheap there.

Brandon

yeah I'm game... My business partner (who got me into hobby) will prob come as well. Hopefully I'll have some money saved by then. Haven't worked in 2 weeks while on vacation so we'll see.

OH do any of you guys know a shrimp farmer that I can get some shrimp off of cheap? I really miss my shrimp...

Tank specs so you guys know what I have:

120gal oceanic 2x2x4
30gal sump
Aqua C ev 180 skimmer
3 mag 7's
CPR Refuge
spacelight pendant, double 250hqi
automated topoff with litermeter3

Donny:

First off I got to appologize for the way my previous post came off.. just went back and read it.... kinda sounded like an @$$.

Shoot me a PM you plan on heading out to the hixson north 153 area and want to stop by sometime I might have a few things I can hook you up with...

I have a Orange Cap, couple acros, and a few zoos that I could currently frag a piece off of.

Sorry again about the earlier post, was just trying to say you might want to wait a bit before adding the more sensitive SPS after a crash.
Brandon

Nah I totally agree no point in wasting frags if the water isn't stable. I didn't take it wrong at all. I will be doing lots of water changes for the next few weeks to make sure everything is settled down but currently PH is stable at 8.4, amonia 0, nitrate 10, nitrite .5, phos .1.

Anywho I would not respect you if you didn't make sure that it was a safe home you were sending your corals too.

:)
PS::: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

/donny

Donny I apologise for your loss it sucks if I had any in my tank I would frag them for you but I just last night started adding to my tank Ive had cycling since apr these guys will take care of you hope for the best.

Back