How's it going?

bkv1997

Reef enthusiast
Well i know it is summer time and everyone is busy with vacation etc.

We decided at the joint meeting that the frag swap will either be the first or second weekend in August so if anyone has an idea for a place we can have this please let us know ASAP.

Other than that how is everyone's tank doing? Mine was not doing so well and I lost a couple corals due to changing my lights! Live and learn, sad part is I knew better. :(. Anyways finally got theh auto water change station setup in the garage so hopefully this will help me with my husbandry during the busy summer schedule.

Brandon

what kind of lights did you change to? thinking of switching my cheap 10k bulbs that came with outer orbit and putting 3 new phoenix 14k 150 watts.

I use 14k pheonix 250... i just switched to newer ones.

Great bulbs.. I have tried many of the different DEs and will probably stick with these for a good while. The PAR and color for the price are amazing. I previously had 120$ Megachrome bulbs that were nice, but the pheonix are better for about half the cost. Just my :twocents:

I just replaced both halides and my VHOs supplements and left down for a week and left the wife to look after the tank. From my experience and talking with other locals Blue acros are very sensitive to lighting changes.

Brandon

found good price on phoenix bulbs at thereefstop.com i know the guy who runs the website he is in our rc club SLASH so i get 10 percent discount also for local club members.

Brandon,
Has anyone checked on Camp Jordan Arena,or maybe the NG Armory?I dont know who'd you would talk to,or nothing else,Just having a brain fart.

yea CJ wanted 1500$ i believe. I'll have to check with Brian I don't know about the NG armory.

Thanks for the ideas.
Brandon

Hey guys, IMAC is running in Vegas on Aug. 10, 11, 12... That may hinder any vendors making the trip like Randy Reed and whoever else... Just another set of dates to be aware of... Not sure what you guys think of it...

yote, camp jordan gets $1500 for one day, and then you have to pay like $8 per table and $2 per chair and $20 per power supply in rental fees. pretty stupid if you ask me. We are still looking, the couple places ive tried have all been very expensive. we just have a very limited budget is the problem, right now im trying to figure out how many tables I can set up in my yard! :mrgreen:

We thought based on comments last year that Chatt state was always available to use but that we would have to rent it from now on. but it appears our contact isnt interested in helping anymore. So I have a friend that I am going to talk to to see what he can do. hopefully we will know more soon on chatt state, but I would hope that it will be a last resort, something bigger and with more power supply and trustworthy heat and air would be nice

Well my place I was thinking was too small. I would see if we could do it in the gym at the church, but there is no air in there....

Off the subject a bit, but we need to sell refreshments to help cover the rental charges.

ya we wanted to do that last year but our contact told us we couldnt sell anything cause they sold stuff in the room we were in, turned out they just had some coke machines. we definatly nee to sell this year, even stuff like pizza

Back