Huma triggers

grunt

Reefing newb
i want to get a small size huma trigger for my 55 gallon but i don't just want one fish for that whole tank so anybody got one of these mixed with another type of trigger or fish? i would like to throw a clown fish with it aswell. :question:

you are well off from being ready to handle that type of fish. for long term success you need a system well developed with a bacteria bed that is well seasoned, but, if you must, take it slow and easy. watch the feeding also. make sure your system is stable enough to handle the waste that this fish will create. just my two cents. no charge. happy fishin.

i had one for almost 2 years.it was 1.5 inches when i got it.and almost 5 now. it is one of my favs. but it reacently got an attitude. i did everything i could but i had to get rid of it. there great fish vey hardy,but like people each fish is different in personality.i keeped it a 90 gal. fwlr with a niger trigger,bird wrasse,figi devil damsel,3 puffers(2 dogface/porcupine),and 1 midas blennie.that little blennie is probly the toughest fish in my tank now that my humu is gone. please don't take my humu as an example for all of them all.i know people who have had no problems with them.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but for long term success I would try to get a bigger tank before you get the huma, or atleast have an upgrade atleast planned in the next year.

But if you must please keep in mind growth and only add a very minimum amount of live stock, because it will get bigger. I would also recommend lots of LR and a good skimmer.

Brandon

that huma

that 2 inch huma i got i guess thinks he's a little dog or something cause that suker just follows me around when i get close to the glass like waiting for me to feed him or something. he's pretty cool and i can't complaint :sfish:

awesome humu

Ive had a humu in a 55 with a yellow tang, a tomato clown, blue damsel and a lion. and for the most part they all get along great, keeping him well fed probably helps, although once in a while the clown will get inside the humu's little cave and get chased out. But I also believe that all fish have different personalities.
Moving them all into a 75 in the next month and the trigger and the lion to a 240 when my basement is done.

Back