Hydnophora

twps

Reefing newb
I'm looking at picking up a frag of hydno. It looks really cool, but I'm concerned if I can keep it healthy and if there is anything I should be aware of? I'm finding some discrepancies when I google it. I usually take liveaquaria.com at 100% and follow their suggestions. But I found numerous sites with conflicting information.

Anyone here have any experience?

btw - I have 2xT5HO's in a 46G bow. Contemplating upgrading the lighting to 4xT5HO's plus moon LED's.

They don't need as much light as other stony corals but you are still too low on light.It's barely enough for even soft corals.I would wait til the upgrade,I consider them fairly easy for SPS corals.They have a potent sting so keep other corals far away.

They are the meanest and nastiest of all SPS corals. I got rid of mine. They are good to use for killing other corals that grow near it.

mine loves low light i keep it in the front bottom corner of my tank on the sand. with not alot of flow. very nice corals, very very bright. you can feed it cyclops or mysis as well.

Back