hydnophora?

Marshall Jamison

Reefing newb
Help me id this. The lfs told this was hydnophora but all the articles i find say that's a branching coral.this one its encrusting. It has sweepers about an 1/8 inch long that appear in light.is all green and seems to be hardy.its in medium flow and loves it. thanks

Attachments

• CAM00740.jpg
    CAM00740.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 346
That is certainly a hydnophora....Make sure no other corals are positioned so they can fall on the Hydnophora....the other coral will almost certainly lose....
That is certainly a hydnophora....Make sure no other corals are positioned so they can fall on the Hydnophora....the other coral will almost certainly lose....
Thanks i hear its vicious but its beautiful and my 3 inch frag was only 10 bucks.

That was a great buy, but please mount it way high in the tank so nothing can fall on it....seriously....

It's a cool coral and I once had a big colony of it but it really did kill a lot of frags and such....

That was a great buy, but please mount it way high in the tank so nothing can fall on it....seriously....

It's a cool coral and I once had a big colony of it but it really did kill a lot of frags and such....
Its at the very top of my tank on its own side the picture was when i was still deciding placement. Did your colony grow fast?

After it took hold it grew really good, and it is one of the brightest greens you will ever have in your tank....

Back