Hydor Koralia 3

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I was going to get a koralia 3 for my tank...is that a good product to move water? I have a 45 tall tank, around 36 in. in length

I actually got a koralia 1, not thinking about strength until I got home....so I was going to get a 3 instead and return the 1...the 1 is rated for 10-25 gallon... so the 3 is definitely the one I should go for? I tested the 1 in a bucket of water, and it did seem awfully weak, even in the bucket. Is it because it's just spreading the flow even more?

I just ordered a 3 from pet mountain. I actually got a good deal. Best price, even after shipping...other places wanted more PLUS shipping. Can't wait to get it!

Should I return the 1? Or should I keep it and use it as well? Dunno if it will make much difference since it's not for a 45 gallon, but I guess I can stick it somewhere lower in the tank, aimed at a dead spot.

I got 2 #1"s for a really good price from my LFS 26 bucks a piece, havent installed yet due to lack of water but gettin there, should work great in my 29

I had a 3 in a 30 Long with a 2. IMO the three was way too storng so I sold it and bought another 2. Now with two number 2's I think it's prefect.

My tank dimensions are 36" long 12 wide and 17 tall

It's better to have a couple of small powerheads vs. one large powerhead.

I have (2) #3's in my 55, and it's perfect.

Ok, so maybe I will keep the 1 for my dead spots deeper in the tank, and when I get the 3, I will use that for my mid-level flow. My tank is 36 in, so hopefully that will be fine once the lr breaks the flow around.

*sigh* the burden of having a tall tank!

Back