hydor powerheads

fishbait

I found Nemo
has anyone here had any experience with the hydor koralia powerheads? i just purchased one from the two doctor today. they really seem like a lot of bang for the buck

I have 2 of the Koralia Model 2.....I like them especially for the price.They have a nice wide flow and if you put two pointing towards one another it gives almost a natural back and forth flow.Besides,they look like a weapon of mass destruction and a little big,I like em' so far.

lol, they do remind me of a weapon. i ordered the model 1. i'll see how i like it and maybe i'll order another and scrap the pissant maxijet 600 i've been running.

I have a pic posted in the thread "Tunze Nanostream".The Model 2 Koralia is about the size of the Maxi-Jet 600 with a flow rotator.I think the Model 1 is smaller.I think you're like 'em.Definitely go with two,the way the flow crash into each other makes it look very natural.

Definitely has bang for the buck!

yeah, i noticed that thread about 5 minutes after i posted this one. they are on sale right now it would be the time to by another. i will have to wait another week or so. it took a couple days to talk my wife into letting me buy this one. and i quote "just one more thing for the tank dear, i promise"

I think the 2doc's prices will stay the way they are now.This is the original price,if they go back up again try Thatpetplace.com.I hear ya on the wifey thing,do like I do,don't tell her.

fishbait said:
yeah, i noticed that thread about 5 minutes after i posted this one. they are on sale right now it would be the time to by another. i will have to wait another week or so. it took a couple days to talk my wife into letting me buy this one. and i quote "just one more thing for the tank dear, i promise"
Wish that would with my wife.Im always getting a friendly reminder about how the last thing I needed was supposed to BE the last thing.

just thought i would update. my koralia has been running for a few weeks and this thing is awesome. i just bought the number 1 and the flow is amazing. i couldn't imagine what the number 4 would do! i would definately recommend them

Hey Fish
Where you been hiding at?
I bought 2 of the model 4s and sent one back.Both was way to much for my 55.IMO I think there flow is some what under rated.
Im still having trouble getting mine positioned so that my sand dont all get blown up in a big pile under the rocks.

i was reading about those hydor powerheads...they look like they gets the job done...but i was thinking....why they doesnt come with a switch from 1 to 4 so flow cant be controlled??..instead of buying different models from 1 to 4..that way the user can adapt the flow to his aquarium needs!!..just a though...

RigoSharon said:
i was reading about those hydor powerheads...they look like they gets the job done...but i was thinking....why they doesnt come with a switch from 1 to 4 so flow cant be controlled??..instead of buying different models from 1 to 4..that way the user can adapt the flow to his aquarium needs!!..just a though...

I guest I'll update too.Month and a half later my Koralia 2's are working like a charm.No snails or fish have been injured or killed.My tank looks very wavy with much less dead spots.Rigo, if the flow were adjustable I don't think they would be so cheap.There are Vortech's out there that are controllable but they cost like 350 bucks.

rigosharon, if they were that fancy they would be 300 bucks instead of 30:mrgreen:
sorry for being gone so long yote, i bought a four wheeler:^: so i have been spending my spare time bonding with it instead of the computer.

lol yote! two number fours! my god man! what were you trying to do? re-create hurricane conditions to see how the corals react? i like tinkering with flow and moving things around from time to time. but a hurricane is one force of nature i don't try to create in my tank.:)

fishbait said:
lol yote! two number fours! my god man! what were you trying to do? re-create hurricane conditions to see how the corals react? i like tinkering with flow and moving things around from time to time. but a hurricane is one force of nature i don't try to create in my tank.:)
:mrgreen: Trust me,I done reduced that hurricane to a tropical depression,lol.I sent one back and stuck a maxi-jet 1200 in there with a flo deflector,which I cant say that I like.
What kinda 4 wheeler did you get?

lol,I knew you had some redneck in ya,lol.
I got a foreman 400 4x4 that I leave at my parents.Mostly just use it for hunting and taking care of food plots.Leave it up there because I caught my oldest son trying to jump it one evening.
Get us some pics of it posted.

well, i spoke too soon and jenxed it! this thing started making a awfull noise last night. it hums and rattles soo bad you can barely hear the t.v. and i have home theater. as a matter of fact i'm in the bedroom right now and i can hear it from nearly 50 feet away. i just e-mailed doctors foster and smith tonite to see if i can get it warranted.

hmm, have you ever thought about how all the noise and commotion from our equipment stress the fish? if it's this loud outside the tank, just imagine how it sounds traveling through water. even equipment that's not abnormally loud. like hang on skimmers, fans buzzing in the light hood, and what seems like quiet powerheads. have you ever laid your'e head in a bathtub full of water and tapped the side of the tub? it must be like laying in a tub full of water with someone running a finishing sander along the sides. i don't know why, but i have never thought of this until now. it's one more reason for me to build the sump i've been wanting to build and move all the equipment into it.

Back